Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Homesick for Eden

"I have planted longing for perfection in every human heart. This is a good desire, which I alone can fulfill." (164)
As long as I can remember I have battled a sense of deep disappointment over things I do that fall short of "perfect." My tendency to self-scrutinize can steal away joy and momentum. So, I have to lay that on the altar daily and as I do so, I am so blessed with His reassuring love!
I think I am just homesick for my ancient roots, the Garden of Eden, where life was as perfect as life can get, here on earth!
Eden's girl (with LOTS of fig leaves!) ...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment