Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faithful in the Fog

"As you look at the day before you...remember the One who is with you always... notice that a peaceful fog has settled over... The fog is a protection for you... to keep your focus on Me and on the path just ahead of you." (335)
This reminded me of how God can turn foggy times into incredible times in our lives. Joe and I have had seasons where God seemed to be strangely close, yet so hidden. He just wanted us to BE obedient without knowing what was up ahead. Being faithful in foggy times can be quite challenging, yet can reap great rewards.
The example of Moses encourages me. He heads up Mt. Sinai, staying in a smoky fog for days until he not only had an incredible encounter with God, but came back with new insights (the Ten Commandments) and with the glow of God on his face! (Ex. 19, 33-34:35)
In every foggy season of my life, I pray for an encounter with God, new insights and for the glow of His Presence to rest on me. Someone once told me FOG stands for Friends Of God!
Making the Best of the Fog...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment