Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful at all Times

"Walk with me along the high road of thanksgiving, and you will find all the delights I have made ready for you...protect your thankfulness (even though) you reside in a fallen world, where blessings and sorrows intermingle freely. A constant focus on adversity defeats many Christians... seeing only the grayness of their thoughts. How precious are My children who remember to thank Me at all times." (345)
On any given day I can focus on the blessings or the disappointments of that day. Focusing on the disappointments tends to steal away my joy and it makes it much more difficult for me to glorify Him. What a wonderful option we have... to "magnify the Lord" instead of the disappointments or painful issues of life. While disappointments and painful issues may need to be addressed, they do not need to be the focus of our lives.
Remembering all the reasons to be thankful brings joy to my heart and can more readily bring glory to God. Psalm 34:3 "Magnify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together."
Praising God for His delights and many blessings in my life...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment