Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Perspective Advantage

"Approach problems with a light touch. When your mind moves toward a problem area, you tend to focus on that situation so intensely that you lose sight of Me. You pit yourself against the difficulty... There is a better way... bring this matter to Me. Talk with me and look at it in the Light of Me Presence... Approach problems with a light touch by viewing them in My revealing Light." (334)
The ability to gain perspective on a troubling situation really changes its potential impact. Viewing it from several perspectives can be so helpful. Even making some problems rather insignificant. We are especially blessed because God's grand perspective on life is the perspective we can claim for ourselves.
Rather than getting so absorbed in the throes of some battle, we can turn to a God who sees the way out and into victory! It's like having the perspective advantage in every situation.
Years ago we were flying over a crowded interstate that had traffic backed up for miles. While they were unable to see the big picture, we were able to see that the accident ahead was cleared from the road and that traffic would soon be flowing again. God sees ahead and knows that life will soon be flowing again. Things will make sense and He will help me handle every situation from...
His Higher Perspective...dmc

2 comments:

  1. God knew I needed this today! Last week I had a very calm week with no class and no soccer. This week a new class, thanksgiving around the corner and tax season starting I can easily become overwhelmed. However if I keep my focus on Jesus instead of all I need to do, I can get through it all joyfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Melissa. When I'm feeling overwhelmed it's easy to be drawn into Satan's trap to look in all directions and miss God's overcoming perspective! I am redirecting my focus with you! Have a blessed overcoming day (not an overwhelming day!)

    ReplyDelete