Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

A Boat Load of Worship

"Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what... Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents." (185)
The devo today reminded me of Matthew's account of Peter stepping out of the boat, walking to Jesus on the water, then "when he saw the strength of the wind, he was afraid. And beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught hold of him... Then those in the boat worshiped Him and said, "Truly You are the Son of God!" (Matt. 14:29-33)
There are a number of amazing moments in this story... Jesus walking on the water, Peter daring to do the same, Jesus' immediate rescue when Peter cried out, "Lord, save me!", the winds suddenly stopping and finally... the impact all this had on "those in the boat." It was a spontaneous worship service!
No matter what the circumstances may be, I want everyone in my "boat" to end up...
In Worship...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment