Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pockets of Darkness, Lenses of Love

"Look at other people through lenses of Love; see them from My perspective...it pleases Me." (168)
Love is such a powerful antidote to all dark and vice-like responses. To respond with love when another has reacted in spite, or out of their "pocket of darkness," is one of the most liberating privileges of a Christian. To walk in love is often uphill, yet well worth it. Giving in to a reactionary vengeance takes little effort, however it is always a severe waste of your human dignity and especially costly to your eternal soul.
So choosing to love another, when their sin or faults would say otherwise...elicits great respect because it requires a grace-filled soul.  Grace in action deeply impacts my personal life, helping me overcome "pockets of darkness" in others and even within myself.  Using "lenses of Love" radically changes and enhances the perspective around me and within me.
"Seek to live in My Love, which covers a multitude of sins: not only others' sins but also yours." 1Peter 4:8
Checking my Pockets & my Lenses...dmc

1 comment:

  1. "To wal in love is often uphill, yet well worth it. " This has so often proven to be true in my life, thanks for the encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete