Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Get a Good Grip

"Rest in Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen... As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours." (169)
Our minds' abilities are absolutely phenomenal, yet our minds also have some interesting limitations. We can only successfully hold to one thought at a time. We may bounce in and out of various thought processes in a short amount of time, but in each of those momentary bursts of brain activity, we are constructively processing individual trains of thought, one at a time! That helps to explain why, if we hyper-focus on solving future problems, we may forget to enjoy God's "strong grip" holding our hand, right now.
So, "when on my bed, I think of You, I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my help; I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings. I follow close to You. Your right hand holds on to me." Ps. 63:6-8
He has the ability to look into our future and will make the necessary provisions. He directs the God-focused so that today's choices will take care of tomorrow's concerns. That's taking trust to a whole new level!
Mentally "Getting a Grip" on Him...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment