Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, June 2, 2016

God's Emergency Room

"Relax in My healing, holy Presence. Be still, while I transform your heart and mind."(161) The scripture for today paints an interesting picture in the original language. "Be still and know that I am God..." Ps. 46:10
The phrase "be still" comes from the word "raphah" which means "to mend, heal by stitching, as a physician stitches a wound."
This reminds me of a memorable trip to the ER years ago when our two sons were in their early teens. The boys had been riding their dirt bikes in the woods near our home. Racing back home, the younger one went down, while navigating a turn, on loose gravel. In an effort to miss him, the older one also went down. You guessed it... I had to take both boys to the ER to remove gravel, set a broken bone and get a knee stitched up. In the midst of all the ER drama, the biggest challenge was getting both boys to "be still" or sit still, while their flesh was scrubbed, stitched and a broken arm set and placed in a cast.
When life leaves me broken, bruised and in need of some mending...it's still hard, no matter what age,  to just "be still" and let the Great Physician do His great work.  However, Matthew 12:20 encourages my often bruised or broken heart, "A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory."  So, I'm learning & quietly waiting my transformation...
In the Eternal ER...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment