Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, June 17, 2016

God's Delight - Our Laughter

"Learn to laugh at yourself... don't take yourself or your circumstances so seriously. Relax... Laughter lightens your load and lifts your heart into heavenly places... (it) rises to heaven and blends with angelic melodies of praise... I delight in hearing My children laugh." (176)
Perhaps one of the greatest gifts I was given as a child was the gift of laughter. I can remember so many hilarious moments. Even very simple things, or moments when I could have been embarrassed, became absolutely a "hoot!" That was one of the ways my parents helped us to learn to cope with the more awkward moments of life.
My dad, with all his physical challenges, still had a very healthy funny bone! According to research, the benefits of laughter impact one's physical, emotional and social life so much that it is often a prescribed therapy! Laughter really IS "good medicine!" (Prov. 17:22)
Praise God for the gift of laughter and for others who know how to tickle our funny bone, since God delights "in hearing (His) children laugh." I need to intentionally be...
Tickling My God-Given Funny Bone More Often...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post... With all my heart I believe in the word of God.... Laughter doeth good like a medicine!

    God bless, Net

    my blog...
    "It's a Wonderful Movie" - Your Ticket to Family Movies on TV
    http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com

    Btw, I just followed your site! Looking forward to future postings!

    ReplyDelete