Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Camouflaged in Challenge

"Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day's demands against your strength...When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you fully to hand them." (141)
To me weaknesses and difficulties are kind of like miniature doorways. Doorways I must crawl through, to get on the other side into a spacious place of sunlight.
Some doorways, however, are more like long, dark, enclosed thresholds, silent and suffocating. As I slowly inch my way along, in the midst of the crawl, I am surprised to discover hidden tools that equip, assist and sustain me. Tools I would have missed, if I had not been on my knees! These tools are not easily uncovered because they are camouflaged in challenge. With each tool, I discover more power, more strength! While this is not my favorite journey, I do like the sunlight...
Beyond the Theshold ...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment