Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Put Him ON

"Seek My face at the beginning of your day...put Me on and wear Me throughout the day... To wear Me is essentially to have My mind; to think My thoughts." (154)
Have you ever noticed how what we wear impacts how we act? Our mindset and our behavior can actually be altered with just a change of clothes! For example, after a long day of work, coming home and putting on some casual clothes helps me to feel more relaxed, shedding some of the pressures of the day. I've also noticed how getting up and dressing up for the day helps me feel energized and ready to tackle the demands of that day.
No wonder Jesus reminds us that... "Clothing your mind in Me is your best preparation for each day. This discipline brings Joy and Peace to you and those around you." (154)

Getting Dressed & Ready in Him...dmc

PS - 31 years ago today God blessed our lives! Michael Kaehl Colaw was born and has abundantly blessed our lives and many others ever since! Happy Birthday, Michael!!
And thanks for being an example of a man who "puts on" Jesus every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment