Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Hazy Horizons

"Instead of scanning the horizon of your life...concentrate on the task before you... Let everything else fade into the background. This will unclutter your mind..." (143)
Have you noticed how an anxious mind is a cluttered mind, a distracted mind, a detached mind?
As a result, I must challenge myself often to keep the focus limited to what God has placed on my present plate, rather than scanning the horizon for additional concerns to stress and depress me. I love to be fully prepared and thoroughly organized, to the point that my confidence starts to build on my efficiency rather than His sufficiency!
So, when the future appears to be rather hazy and undefined, I am learning to praise Him, for He holds my uncertain hazy horizon...
In His Capable Sovereign Hands...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment