Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Interceding Mind-Set

"My children make a pastime of judging one another - and themselves...I am highly offended when I hear My children (judging) one another or (indulging) in self-hatred... There is no condemnation for those who belong to Me." (194)
This is one of the greatest Truths for me! As a 'recovering perfectionist' I have wrestled with self-condemnation for years.... and to prayerfully challenge that tendency has helped me to move deeper into "the mind-set of the Spirit (which is) life and peace." (Rom. 8:6)
Developing a transformed, renewed mind helps to better "discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." (Rom. 12:2)
Activating the "mind-set of the Spirit" can seem more of a challenge, at certain times. But I can rejoice in this fact... that "the Spirit Himself intercedes for us...and He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit's mind-set, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God... (working) all things together for good... (conforming us) to the image of His Son."(Rom. 8:26-29)
When tempted to judge myself (or anyone else) I will consciously, intentionally, mindfully partner with the Holy Spirit. Choosing instead to be...
Covered with His Intercession...dmc
PS - Aren't we SO grateful for "Heaven's mercy seat?" Thanks, Melissa, for sharing a video of the Revelation Song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNjFSc28TdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment