Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Beyond Instinct to Insight

"Taste and see that I am good. This command contains as invitation...and a promise." (187)
"Taste and see" invites me to deeply experience Him. I have learned that the more of Him I have tasted and seen, the more convinced I am that He is indeed very "good!" Even though His ways are often mysterious, far beyond my understanding and I may be tempted at times to "doubt (His) goodness," I choose to trust God and to gain a better understanding of Him.
Proverbs 2:3-11 says I can "call out to insight...to understanding... seek for it like silver and search for it like hidden treasure, then (I) will understand the fear of the Lord and discover the knowledge of God... For wisdom will enter (my) mind, and knowledge will delight (my) heart. Discretion will watch over (me) and understanding will guard (me.)"
Whenever my "human instinct to doubt (God's) goodness" overtakes me, I call out for insight, for understanding... I seek it out... I search for it... And even when I do not fathom His ways, I choose to "spend time enjoying (Him) and experiencing (His) goodness." Why? Because of the promise... His goodness is greater than my doubts!
I do not want my relationship with Him to be based upon my flawed, finite perspective. I want my relationship to be based upon His flawless eternal insight and love for me!
Challenged to trust Him, even when I do not understand Him...dmc

2 comments:

  1. "God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him" John Piper

    This was in the message yesterday morning and it says so much to me! I must find satisfaction in him to have peace and contentment. So how can I do that when I have so many things going wrong? "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways." Isaiah 55:8
    "Look neither behind you nor before you"(186) I must focus on God and trust Him!

    He is the "Air I Breathe"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the John Piper quote...it challenges us on such a deep level. I think of Christians who live under intense persecution, who must endure pain or who are tucked away in obscurity... for them to be "most satisfied" so that God can be "most glorified" must be the stuff heaven's heroes are made of! I love your heart for God, Melissa! Be encouraged, sister, your life represents many things that are "going right", too! You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete