Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pockets of Darkness

"Look at other people through lenses of Love; see them from My perspective...it pleases Me." (168)
Love is such a powerful antidote to all other dark and vice-like responses. To respond with love when another has reacted in spite, or out of their "pocket of darkness," is one of the most liberating privileges of a Christian. To walk in love is often uphill, yet well worth it. To fall into a reactionary vengeance takes little effort, and is always a worthless waste of dignity.
So choosing to love another, when their sin would say otherwise...I can respect. However, when my own sins are the sins being covered, because I choose to love... that radically impacts my life and helps me overcome "pockets of darkness" within my own flawed love capacity!
"Seek to live in My Love, which covers a multitude of sins: not only others' sins but also yours." (168) 1Peter 4:8
Checking my Pockets...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment