Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Distinguished People

"To be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: Spend quality time with Me... I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts." (13)
Ah, yes...this makes a huge difference in my day! Having a "partner" who's in the middle of everything I'm doing.
In fact, do you know what is supposed to distinguish us from all other people? Ex.33:14-16 tells us...His Presence! Walking through our day "in His Presence" distinguishes us from all others who are also walking through this day around us.
So, what's the secret to staying in His Presence? Jesus tells us in John 15:4-7 we are to "remain in (Him.)" "Stay in communication with Me, whispering My Name, whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus you can walk through this day with your focus on Me."
That's a practical, tangible way we can activate our minds' incredible, God-given ability to "Click it Forward" straight into His Presence! (from yesterday's blog)
The simple practice of "remaining in Him," or "whispering His Name," has redirected my life so many times... impacting my thoughts, conversations and choices. Hopefully...impacting other people! I love it when my day allows me to bump into another "distinguished person" who's also walking out their day...
In His Presence...dmc

2 comments:

  1. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/01/why-you-and-your-words-are-more-than-enough/

    My friend Melissa Heck (yes there is another one) posted this on Facebook. Copy and paste to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for sharing that, Melissa...I enjoyed it! So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete