Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Gift of Meta-Cognition

"Worship Me only. Whatever occupies your mind the most becomes your god. Worries, if indulged, develop into idols. Anxiety gains a life of its own, parasitically infesting your mind." (31)
What a sobering, morbid picture! No wonder we need to guard our thoughts. (Is. 26:3, Phil. 4:7) This requires "meta-cognition," the ability to think about what we are thinking about. With God's help we can adjust the habitual thought patterns of our own mind. This is a wonderful gift God has given us. It helps us to test and realign our thoughts.
I love David's prayer, "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive, hurtful way in me; lead me in the everlasting way." (Ps. 139:23-24)
I am so grateful that God can read my mind and heal my heart! Each time I switch my thoughts into "the everlasting way," there is great rejoicing.
"I rejoice when your mind turns toward Me. Guard your thoughts diligently; good thought-choices will keep you close to Me."
Thinking Thoughtfully...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I need to get back in the habit of reading this Devotional and The Bible every day. Thank You for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Thank you. I need a constant reminder to take my thoughts and focus on him.

    ReplyDelete