Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The "There & Aware" Promise of God

"I am with you always. These are the last words I spoke before ascending into heaven. I continue to proclaim this promise to all who will listen... center (your) life around this glorious promise... The fact that I am with you makes every moment of your life meaningful." (29)
Always there. Always aware. Jesus' rare, but true, promise to care for us! Even if I may be distracted, overwhelmed and uncertain. He is always attentively there.
I marvel at His ability to be totally tuned into me (including my flaws, weaknesses and failures) and yet He's totally committed to loving me! One would think that the more He came to know us, the more reasons He'd discover to keep us at a distance. However, it's just the opposite. For He longs to "never leave us or forsake us!" (Hebrews 13:5)
It reminds me of the attentive care given to my daddy in his final months.  A highly skilled team of home-health providers would come and go throughout the day offering support and creative new ways to care for him and to encourage mother.
God has an eternal care plan...a promise to always be there, to always be aware! One morning I slipped into his room while he and mother were doing their daily devotions together. He was praying a tender, fervent prayer between gasps of air delivered by the oxygen tank. There's no doubt...Jesus was THERE! And now, daddy is THERE, with Jesus!
Grateful for God's attentive care & eternal promise...dmc

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Jesus is there even in the difficult hours. I recall some of those times in my parents' last years. My mother always relaxed and seemed so peaceful when I sat beside her bed singing hymns and reading scripture. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That moment is forever etched into my mind. What a precious heritage I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always count on the amazing connection this devotional has to the word of God. It is right for the moment. After watching the Grammy's yesterday and seeing the decadence of my country continously crumble. I began thinking about the world my soon to be 21 year old and 15 year old children are growing up in. I can see the affects it has on them spiritually. I need to remember this verse that HE the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords is with me. Unfortunately for those blinded souls unless they repent there will be an end to the show like they couldn't imagined. I will keep praying for the souls of my children who right now think that I am so annoying even talking about it. It's painful saints but we have to keep going.

    ReplyDelete