Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, January 4, 2016

The "So-Reign" Challenge

"I want you to learn a new habit. Try saying, "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you... Ponder the depth and breadth of My Love for you... Acknowledging My sovereign control over the universe...(helps) fear lose its grip on you. Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what." (5)
Saying, "I trust You, Jesus" no matter what happens, was demonstrated to me by an older lady sitting next to me in a delayed airplane. We both were going to miss our connections on the other end. I had been speaking at a retreat, exhausted, ready to get home. She was meeting family, following the death of her husband. In the midst of my frustration she sweetly said, "Either God is Sovereign, or He is not." (Trusting God can be such a challenge, even for a retreat speaker!) God comforted my heart through that precious grieving lady. Because there were more than 3 of us trying to make it back to Indy on the same flight, they held our connecting plane, we all boarded and made our final destination ON TIME! Trusting comes easier as I'm...
Letting a Sovereign God "So Reign" in my life...dmc

6 comments:

  1. All Powerful One, full of glory! Why do I even hesitate to trust You. You are Sovereign, and you tend to me, gather me in your arms and carry me close to your heart...you gently lead me in the way I should go. I cannot hide from you, nor do I want to. I trust You, Jesus. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...What a precious, yet powerful prayer!
    Thanks, Micki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled Jesus Calling January 4 and your blog came up. I got this book as a gift from a friend after I was diagnosed with Lymphoma this past year. I really had only looked at it a couple of times but decided to try to stick with it this new year. I am said to be in remission but it is a non curable type, just treatable. My basic blood work is okay but the underneath ones, the proteins, are all over the place still. I was feeling very overwhelmed last night and then I read this today. What a blessing to be reminded, yet again, that God is Lord over all and all I have to do is trust Him. No matter what the outcome of any situation, He is there and is in control. Even if you all had missed your connections, He would have made a way for every situation - according to His perfect will and timing. He is good all the time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Laura! You will be in my prayers as you daily walk in the healing, sustaining Presence of Jesus. He is calling, every day, to you...to every cell in your body...for His Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just found this blog like a week ago, and wondering it will continue to the year 2016. Thank you so much for updating it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete