Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Secret Smiles

"When your mind wanders while you are praying, don't be surprised or upset. Simply return your attention to Me. Share a secret smile with me, knowing that I understand. Rejoice in My Love for you." (24)
Years ago, my sweetly seasoned, godly mother taught me a great way to deal with wandering thoughts during my devotional times. She told me to capture those wandering thoughts on paper. Once it was written down (like tasks to be done) I could refocus much easier. That's been a great help, even when using a sophisticated iphone, because now that nagging thought has a place to rest.
No matter what's happening or where my thoughts may wander, when I share it with Jesus it helps me to rest in a "quiet and gentle spirit, which is pleasing to God."  (I Pet.3:4)  In all the distracting pleasures and pains of life, Jesus understands! So, as we share life with Him it pleases Him. Just imagine His pleasing smile resting on you as your thoughts are resting in Him!
I come from a family of quick and ready smiles. Even in the midst of tough situations, a secret subtle smile, a wink of reassurance and a kind uplifting word kept us going.  I enccourage you to do the same because... "This practice will enable you to attain a quiet and gentle spirit, which is pleasing to God."  (I Peter 3:4)  Yes, it's true...Jesus' presence often rests in a shared "secret smile."
Manifest His presence today through shared "secret smiles"!
Smiling at YOU...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment