Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Thorny Prisons in Our Minds

"Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times... Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to Me, and relax in My Peace."(17)
Today's devo reminded me of the following quote from Dr. Caroline Leaf's research.
"Toxic thoughts...upset the chemical feedback loops in your brain by putting your body into a harmful state...It will weigh down your whole body, mind and spirit...Your brain will grow heavy, with thick memories that release their toxic load and interfere with optimal functioning... Research shows that an enriched environment of thinking positive, healthy thoughts can lead to significant structural changes in the brain's cortex in only four days." (Quote from "Who Switched off my Brain?" Caroline Leaf, p 114-115)
The neurochemistry of our brains can actually make us "healthier and smarter!" I believe one of Satan's secret weapons of attack is tempting God's people to rehearse fears, worries, offenses over and over until our brains are so saturated with toxic chemicals that it alters our outlook, personality, relationships, witness and ultimately our eternal destiny! When we justify ourselves, thus strengthening the negative thoughts, we build "thorny structures" that imprison and poison us.
I believe it is critical that we can become skilled at "taking every thought captive and making it obedient to Christ." (2 Cor. 10:5) Then, let's equip the next generation to think like an overcomer by modeling the mind of Christ.
Praising my way out of Prison...dmc (See Acts 16:25-26!)

3 comments:

  1. When I am rehearsing my troubles or reflecting on old ones, I am missing out on the moment I can be with God and whatever he is trying to say or show me you at the time. No rewinding or fast forwarding, just push play! And, there is NO EASY BUTTON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is so wonderful! exactly what I need to share with someone today..love that God knows what's on my heart and places something so significant right in front of me!

    ReplyDelete