Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Enjoying Jesus

"I want you to enjoy to the full... (don't) hesitate to receive My good gifts with open hands... My kingdom is not about earning and deserving; it's about believing and receiving... Receive My abundant blessings with a grateful heart...(let) My pleasure in giving and your pleasure in receiving flow together in joyous harmony." (331)
This reminds me of the amazing oneness that comes with a healthy relationship. Being able and willing to bless one another, comfort and love each other, makes a relationship so rich and rewarding on all sides.
I believe the enemy tries to sabotage every healthy relationship...whether it's between friends, in marriage and family, on the job, at school, in the church, the neighborhood or even using the internet to spoil something that could be so beautiful and so rewarding. Satan works especially hard to get us to doubt our relationship with Christ.
Learning to just enjoy Jesus all the more...dmc

2 comments:

  1. I had a friend express to me today how much she is enjoying the Jesus Calling devotional.(She saw me reading it and bought one) She explained how today's reading helped her to see through God's eyes the joy of giving the gift He wants us to have. She said it is like when we go out to find that perfect gift for someone we love and watch the expression of excitement on their face when they open it. How exciting it is to think we can receive that gift everyday! All we have to do is meet with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His many gifts! Thanks, Melissa, for sharing the devotional with your friend and being a GIFT to so many of us!

    ReplyDelete