Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Next Step Living

"Walk peacefully with Me through this day...one step at a time...keep your mind on My Presence and taking the next step. I designed you for deep dependence on (Me.) When you don't know what to do, wait while I open the way before you." (323)
Like many others, I like being well-planned, well-organized, well-thought through. However, the life of faith requires a "deep dependence" on Someone we cannot see and on some things we cannot control. That runs so counter to my human nature.
Over the last few weeks I have been in the recovery process from foot surgery. I've had to calculate carefully my "next steps" to make the most of every step-effort. Having to think ahead so that each trip across the room or to the other end of the house is maximized.
Our walk with Jesus is such a "next step" process. I've discovered that to maximize my daily walk with Him means I must "keep my mind on Him," intentionally focusing on Him and His Presence. It's not about all I am doing...it's all about what HE is doing and how I need to "be ready to follow His lead."
Stepping Forward WITH Him...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Facebook has a "Like" button and I wish this had one! It is so easy to try to do things on my own because I am usually limited on time so I just jump in with both feet and get it done. However, God has been working on me to "train my mind" to slow down and include Him in EVERYTHING! "Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My presence and on taking the next step.....This is a training opportunity, since I designed you for deep dependence on your Shepherd-King." (323) It sure is nice having help and things sure work out a lot better!

    The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
    Exodus 33:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your comment, Melissa, about training your mind to slow down to include Him in everything. What a great way to put it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete