Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Well-Being is Well Chosen

"You can live as close to Me as you choose...(being) content in any and every situation. Don't let your well-being depend on your circumstances. Instead, connect your joy to My precious promises." (324)
Usually, before I get out of bed, with my first waking thoughts, I invite Jesus into my day, then thank Him for several very specific things, which can vary from day to day. This helps to set the atmosphere of my mind and to perk up my mental landscape, giving me a much more constructive way to head into my day.
Choosing to praise Him often, helps me "to be content," to be grateful and to be more aware of my many blessings, rather than just my burdens. Then, with every burden, I can roll it over onto Jesus, my Burden-Bearer...one of the many blessings that comes with choosing to live as close as possible to Him! My sense of well-being is connected to my ability to choose well! When it comes to Jesus, I choose to be...
Up Close & Personal...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Find contentment in all circumstances? I’m working on that. My foot is healing well. I am blessed with a wonderful family. Now for patience with the resident cat…! I grew up on a farm. Don’t cats belong outside or in the barn?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Amelia...you make me laugh! Our last cat (Coca-Colaw) provided us lots of mixed moments, too. Maybe you will discover the secret to "cat-tentment" and can share it with other non-cat-in-the-house-lovers!
    Purr-fect Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete