Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Needs Serve a Purpose

"I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me... You have learned to thank Me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish My best work. You have realized that needing Me is the key to knowing Me intimately..." (348)
There really is something special about those who intimately know and trust God. I am quite intrigued by those who live out a quiet, peaceful confidence in a Sovereign, attentive God. Their basic needs, physical needs, emotional needs, all level of needs, tend to rest secure in Divine provision.
The scripture for today highlights this incredible God-confidence. "The Lord will always lead you, satisfy you in a parched land, and strengthen your bones. You will be like a watered garden and like a spring whose waters never run dry." Isaiah 58:11
To know that we are being Divinely led and satisfied in the dry, desert, sparse times of life tells me that our basic needs will certainly be met.
To know that God attends to my physical needs, keeping watch over my health and implementing healing lets me know He will "strengthen my bones" and this body they support.
To know that a well "watered garden" and a "spring whose waters never run dry" can be the overflow of fruitfulness and blessing in my life as I emotionally and relationally touch others, is most reassuring and motivating.
So, wrapped up in this one verse I find great promise for God's daily direction and provision in life. My needs can be more than just a problem...they can serve a purpose! To intimately KNOW God!
Like those who have come to intimately know God, I am challenged to draw closer and closer to Him, discovering... He can be trusted!
My Needs are God-sent Paths to Intimacy...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment