Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Next Breath, Please

The one thing we cannot live long without...our next breath! In recent months my sweet daddy has had to rely on oxygen tanks, tubes, mask, etc to keep his oxygen levels within functional range. So, all the equipment and precautions that go with that kind of special care have been a primary focus for us. Labored breathing is especially exhausting, and we often forget how blessed we are to breathe with ease.
Our devo today invites us to breathe His presence in with each breath.(39) Gen.2:7 tells us about man's first breath. "Then the Lord God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils and the man became a living being."
Even our very breath is a gift from God and every breath we take is an opportunity to take in more of His restoring Presence. May we use our breath to glorify Him!
Blessed with Breath...dmc

2 comments:

  1. The thought of the oxen's yoke in Mt. 11:29 always intrigued me until a Bible scholar explained that a good farmer hand carved the yoke to fit each of his oxen. Thus, I can trust Jesus that my individually designed yoke will not be more than I can bear. 'My yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light.' Now, my job is to rest in Him. As my grandsons used to say, 'that is a big 10-4!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes...you and daddy bear up under that "hand carved yoke" with such grace! What an inspiration to so many of us!
    A Blessed Daughter...dmc :)

    ReplyDelete