Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

In & Out of the Box

Some people are outside-the-box thinkers, others are more inclined to be in-the-box people. Today's devo encourages us to "begin the day with open hands of faith...this act of faith frees (God) to work (His) ways into" our lives. (106) That requires a more outside-the-box perspective, living with a strong faith perspective which is the "reality of what is hoped for, the conviction of what is NOT seen!" (Heb.11:1)
At the very same time we are to 'live within the boundaries...of only one day at a time. Not worrying about tomorrow or getting stuck in the past.' So, we need to "bear the weight of only one day at a time." This requires constructing the mental boundaries that come with in-the-box thinking.
Finding the healthy balance between these two perspectives can be a challenge for me. I have discovered that as I recognize, "this is the day the Lord has made" and I choose to "rejoice and be glad in it," helps to establish a more balanced perspective. (Ps.118:24)
I think it gives me roots of trust that anchor me in-the-box and wings of faith that free me outside-the-box. So, I will choose a "rejoice and BE glad" perspective.
In His Presence...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment