Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stretching Time, Shrinking Tasks

"A successful day is one in which you have stayed in touch with Me, even if many things remain undone at the end of the day. Do not let your to-do list (written or mental) become an idol directing your life." (96)
I'm a firm believer in "to-do lists." Time is so precious and being responsible with my time is a priority. Tasks can become quite important, too. In fact, if I get a task accomplished that was NOT on the list, I may write it down and cross it off, just because it feels SO good to be productive! However...
I've had many days where my plan was totally circumvented and God's plan totally overruled! When that happens I am awed at how God can stretch time and shrink tasks proving that when we allow Him to take 'first place' He makes everything else fall into place. It's my desire to stay so "in touch," "with Him that when He overrules it's a welcomed interruption!
Reconnecting & Rescheduling...dmc
PS -55 years ago, today, God blessed me abundantly by bringing my life mate into this world. Happy Birthday, Joe...you bring so many expressions of God's love into this world!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I bring my day to God because I feel so overwhelmed with everything I have to do and by the end of the day it is almost like God made more hours in the day just so I could get it all done!

    What an awesome God we serve!

    ReplyDelete