Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Praising When Puzzled

"I am calling you to a life of thankfulness. I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving. The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty...When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do." (111)
I must continually stretch my mind to fully appreciate what God's sovereignty means for my own life. To live a life of thanksgiving, I must appreciate Him, even when I do not understand His ways. If my worship is based upon my ability to comprehend what God is doing, then I will limit my abundant life options... because my ability to understand God's ways falls far short of the grander realities that exist beyond my own sense of reality.
I think of God's Sovereignty as the picture on the outside of a puzzle box. However, all I can see are the scattered puzzle pieces before me. God sees the big picture. I see the scattered pieces of my life and will only be able to link a limited number of them together. He sees it all and the picture is profoundly clear to Him. As I trust His sovereign Hand in my life, more and more pieces will come together.
At times I would like to force a puzzle piece into a certain place because that makes perfect sense to me. Trusting Him means I allow Him to replace and reposition the pieces to match the bigger picture He sees.
I can choose to "give thanks in all circumstances" (1 Thes.5:18) because I am confident He can see beyond what I can see. Furthermore, if I could see with His eyes I would make the same choice, because God is beyond good... He is absolutely AWESOME! So either God is Sovereign in my life or He's not...it's up to me!
Though puzzled, since praising...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment