Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Power & Presence

"When you feel far from me, whisper My Name...in childlike faith...prepare to receive My Love." (103) In Genesis 28:16 Jacob says, "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it."
There are times in my life when I feel so vulnerable and alone. Prayerfully whispering His Name, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." really helps me to reestablish that vital connection. There is such power and presence in His Name!
I have learned that just because I cannot "sense" Him does not mean He is not here. If I'm aware of any sin issue in my life, I quickly repent, reestablishing our relationship. If I'm sensing the presence of sin near me, that's creating a spiritually dark, heavy atmosphere around me, I quickly acknowledge that and whisper His Name. It's a phenomenal privilege to have access to such power and presence through His Name!
Like Jacob, I can be so distracted by my own internal drama or the drama around me that I overlook Him. For "surely He IS in this place, and I just did not know it" until I refocused and rediscovered Him!
Sensing His Presence...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Barlow Girl has a song that I love when I am at a place that I can not feel God's presence.

    I waited for you today
    But you didn't show
    No no no
    I needed You today
    So where did You go?
    You told me to call
    Said You'd be there
    And though I haven't seen You
    Are You still there?

    And though I cannot see You
    And I can't explain why
    Such a deep, deep reassurance
    You've placed in my life

    We cannot separate
    'Cause You're part of me
    And though You're invisible
    I'll trust the unseen

    I cried out with no reply
    And I can't feel You by my side
    So I'll hold tight to what I know
    You're here and I"m never alone

    Usually by the time I'm done with this song(sometimes before) His presence is mighty! But even if I didn't feel His presence, this reminds me He is always there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa for mentioning the song. I went on line and found it. Here it is on YouTube for those who would like to access it. I really like the scene at the close of the song! Praising Jesus for His Power & Presence...dmc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDt6ujGr9o

    ReplyDelete