Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Deep Calls Unto Deep

"I speak to you from deepest heaven...in(to) the depths of your being. 'Deep calls unto deep...(My) billows sweep over you.' Psalm 42:7 (231)
While the ocean intrigues me, it also intimidates me...all at the same time. The way that waves can roll in, crashing over each other, or the way a breeze can send gentle ripples over the glassy surface, gives it an ever-changing, nearly living, breathing, expression of nature.
The ocean resonates deeply with me. It reminds me that God's grace, His mercy, His unfathomable love goes far deeper than any soul struggle I may experience or encounter. My misery calls out to His mercy. My sin cries out to His saving grace. I am overwhelmed with praise, captured in worship, as the deepest part of my heart is caught up in the depths of His love.

Wading into Sacred Waters...dmc

Check out this clip of "O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus."
It captures the healing, nearly haunting, sounds and sensations of the ocean.
What an awesome God we have! Copy & Paste the following.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXafqr0Jjs&feature=related

3 comments:

  1. As I approach this day with “…a heart overflowing with gratitude”, Lord Jesus help me to hear your voice as I trust you to open up the way before me one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the ocean Dawn Marie, it gives me a peace that surpasses all understanding yet I have respect for it because I know of it's power. God is the just like the ocean to me.

    As I was reading today's devo songs kept popping in my head. Deep calling Deep is an older song by Margaret Becker.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ucGiKmEHxw

    and Solid Rock has many versions of song!

    "I Go To The Rock" by Aaron Jeffries is another that came to mind.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB6-BMuxy0w

    But one of my favorite songs is the one that Dawn Marie shared. :)
    I love praising Him through song but what I love most is God speaks to me through music!

    Psalm 95:1-2 Come let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout aloud to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a worship experience...Enjoying songs that exalt such an awesome God!
    Thanks for sharing....I have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete