Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, August 16, 2010

God's Heart Calls to My Heart

"I have awakened in your heart strong desire to know Me. This longing originated in Me... When you seek My Face in response to My Love-call, both of us are blessed." (239)
While I am often blessed by God's Presence, I am also blessed and amazed to think that He enjoys spending time with me! With you! With us! In fact, it brings Him pleasure!
Philippians 2:12-16 says it this way, "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to will and to do His good pleasure (purpose.) Do everything without grumbling and arguing so that you may be blameless and pure children of God who are faultless in a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine like stars in the world. Hold firmly to the message of life.."
God is working in us, enabling us to WILL and to DO His good pleasure so we can "shine brighter day by day" like stars in this dark world! It is interesting how "grumbling and arguing" can dim the glow of His Presence in our lives. It is also interesting how we must "will and do" to experience His good pleasure.
The longing in my heart, to know Him, originated in His Heart! That is such a priceless privilage!
Responding to His Heart...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment