Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Brain Chatter

"I am God with you, for all time and throughout eternity... My perpetual Presence with you can be a continual source of Joy... Let your mind reverberate with meanings of My Names... remain conscious of My Presence... Talk with Me about whatever... (it) will keep you close to Me on the path of Life." (312)
I've come to a place where I'm basically in an on-going conversation with Jesus about whatever, whomever, wherever, whenever. Why? Because it truly changes everything! Once I know that He has been invited into that particular network of thoughts, I sense an internal release and a flow of Life-giving energy. After learning more about how our brains work....it makes total sense.
Thoughts are like a neuro-network of bushes with many branches that produce either positive or negative chemicals that bath our brain cells. The area of our brains that tends to be more God-aware helps the executive, decision-making region of the brain take every thought and transform it to be more constructive. God's Truth can "take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ." ( 2 Cor. 10:5)
I picture every branchy-bush network of my thoughts being grafted into The Vine (Christ) when I channel that network of thoughts into the God-aware region of my brain. John 15:4-8 says it like this, "No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing... This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
Disciples chat often with the Master. What a great way to develop the mind of a disciple... keeping all the brain's neuro-networks attached to the life-giving Vine that produces positive life-giving Fruit!
Chatting Often with Jesus...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment