Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Jesus, Lifelong Lover

"Never take for granted My intimate nearness. Marvel at the wonder of My continual Presence with you...I am freely available to all who call upon My Name, who open their hearts to receive Me... (It's) the beginning of a lifelong love story." (289)
Calling on Jesus' Name has been such an important part of my life. Some moments that stand out in my mind:
...Suddenly screaming out "JESUS" while riding in a college friend's car, as we barely escaped a head-on collision.
...In our early years of marriage, literally living on pennies every month.
...Whispering "Jesus" over a very sick, feverish baby.
...Waiting for paramedics to arrive when my newborn had stopped breathing.
...Taking both sons to the ER at the same time (they'd collided their dirt bikes while racing!)
...Concerned over an unaccounted for teen who was hours late getting home.
...Sitting at the hospital with a dying friend.
...Listening to my husband preach a challenging message in obedience to the Lord, knowing it would not "tickle" some ears in the congregation.
...Counseling a friend through a most painful, heart-wrenching situation.
...Taking a phone call with bad news.
...Being just far too emotionally exhausted and physically tired.
Then, there are times of such rejoicing, where speaking His Name gives credit to the joy or wonder of that moment:
...Gazing at a starry clear sky or watching ocean waves curl and roll to shore.
...Holding one of our newborn grand babies or comforting a grandchild waking from a scary dream.
...Laughing over a welcomed solution to a complicated, unrelenting problem.
...Listening to our older son preach a soul-stirring message.
...Listening to our younger son pray from the depths of his heart, no matter where, no matter when or who is there.
...Being wrapped up in a worship experience.
...Sensing His Presence as I fall asleep, and again, as I wake up.
...Having a strained relationship mended.
...Being remembered and loved in lonely times.
...Hearing my husband's voice, feeling His gentle touch. Knowing how deeply I am loved.
Jesus' Name is more than the start or close of a mealtime prayer. It is the "lifelong love story" with the Lover of my soul!
Ah, yes...There really IS something about that Name...dmc

1 comment:

  1. It was such a blessing to meet you yesterday. I really needed that "girl" fellowship. I am really praying that Don will venture out of his comfort zone with me into a group and we will be able to have fellowship, serve others and become a part of our new church family. Carol

    ReplyDelete