Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Obstacles Leverage or Litter

"I will open up the way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path. (When) the way before you appears to be blocked (don't) focus on the obstacle or search for a way around it...instead, focus on Me...That is the secret of success in My kingdom. Although you remain aware of the visible world around you, your primary awareness is of Me." (305)
This time several years ago I was in the midst of two surgical procedures on my feet. I was recovering from the first operation and anticipating another surgery on the other foot nine weeks later. They were repairing an inherited weakness and misalignment that had to be corrected to ensure my ability to continue to be active and healthy for years to come.
While I was not looking forward to the process, of two back-to-back surgeries and the months of recovery, I am now experiencing the benefits of having made the corrections! It was certainly worth the hassle. Focusing on the benefits helped to motivate me and sustain me. It was a great opportunity to realign my focus along with my feet.
When Jesus is the main focus, He uses obstacles to leverage our focus and lift our sights to a whole new awareness of Him! Obstacles can either litter or leverage our life-journey. It's all about being...
More Focused on Him...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment