Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

God's Quiet Classroom

"Quietness is the classroom where you learn to hear My voice.... you gradually learn to carry the stillness with you wherever you go." (317)
When I was a teen, flitting from one activity to another, mom would often encourage me to go to my room and just "be still," meaning I needed to get alone, for some quiet time. It was such a healthy discipline. It's in "quietness" I find my strength even today. It's as if God whispers intimate secrets from His heart into my heart.  Or sometimes He's just quietly there; quietly soaking every cell of my body, quietly saturating every stir of my soul and quietly sanctifying the pathways I ponder. Thanks, mom, for introducing me to the powerful, peaceful discipline of just being in His Presence...learning to hear His voice, even when He is silently still!
Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God."
Knowing God Better...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment