Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, October 29, 2016

When Good Works Work!

"Linger in My Presence...My Presence equips you for the day ahead... I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way... I ready you for action." (316)
The verse in today's devo is one of my favorites. Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
When I pause and really think about it... I am blown away! I was crafted by God (His workmanship), created in Christ Jesus (through salvation's work to make me a supernaturally "new creation in Christ") to do "good works" for God, that He has already made preparation for me to accomplish, for His Glory!
Now, that totally changes the way I go into my day! This means everyday I'm on an adventure looking for ways to accomplish "good" for God's Glory!
It's not like I have to humanly drum up something "good" to do, because God has already made all the arrangements. I just need to stay tuned in to Him and allow His "good works" to flow through me.
What a wonderful way to live..and it really works! How do I know? Because of others who have been a demonstration of His "good works," having touched my life with so much "good!"
Yes, I KNOW...it works!
Up to "God's Good" rather than "No Good!"...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment