Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, October 8, 2016

More than Amazing, More than Wonderful

"Your emotions flicker and falter...you tend to project your fickle feelings onto Me. Thus, you do not benefit fully from My unfailing Love. Awareness of My Presence strengthens you, as you receive and respond to My Love. Let My Love flow into you continually." (295)
Today's devo reminded me of a Truth about God found in two places in the bible, 2 Samuel 22:26-27 and Psalm 18:25-26. "To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd."
Basically, our view of God, and WHO we believe He is, often has a lot to do with WHO we are! Our perspective on God can be strengthened or distorted depending upon the way we view ourselves! What a tragedy to have limited or even twisted our God-concept based upon our own flawed perceptions and perspectives.
The good news is that when our view of God is "crooked" or distorted in some way, God will "show Himself shrewd" or "will wrestle with" us trying to get our attention and to redirect and correct our faulty assumptions about Him.
I am so glad that God is Good and far greater than my human mind could ever conceive!
Listen to Sandi Patty and Larnelle Harris sing about our amazing, "More Than Wonderful" God!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcebZCl_DM&feature=related
Improving my God-Concept & Rejoicing...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Just finished listening to Patti Sandi and Larnelle Harris.... Whew! Amazing! This song makes it almost impossible to consider the Lord in other light but Wonderful and Amazing! I felt lifted and renewed as their soaring voices took me to a place of wonder. The Lord IS GOOD and his mercies endureth forever! Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete