Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, April 3, 2016

De-Cluttered

Today's devo emphasizes how our "capacity to experience (Christ) is increased through (the) removal of debris and clutter from (our) heart." (98)
This caused me to reflect on some studies over the past few years in neuro-science and brain imaging. Research indicates that the more distracted we become with toxic, negative thoughts, the more likely we are to functionally derail, stressing others and distressing ourselves. But then, we already know that... just living life has proven how stress messes with us. But now we can fully appreciate the clinical reality that such thinking can actually be detected, through various brain scans!
The more I learn from brain science, the more prompted I am, to daily ask God to "de-stress" my mind and "de-toxify" my thought life. I want to be better focused on Him and His directives for my every day life!
Especially since "we ARE the sanctuary of the living God." II Cor. 6:16
Spring cleaning my thought life...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment