Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Brain Police

"The mind is the most restless, unruly part of mankind... Open yourself to My radiant Presence, letting My Light permeate your thinking. When My Spirit is controlling your mind, you are filled with Life and Peace." (116)
Here's a great way to determine if your thoughts are of God...are they filled with Life and Peace? I will often check my thoughts against the Fruit of the Spirit.(Gal. 5:22-23)
Policing our thought life requires a determined discipline. "Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Cor.10:5)
I do best when I communicate often with God about my thoughts. This means, I confess and repent often, too. The slightest indication of a dark or disturbing, fearful or critical thought is snagged and brought before Him as soon as I am aware. I try to not let my thoughts ruin the landscape of my day. Making them "obedient to Christ" is something like corralling unruly children and insisting they must obey! Naughty kids cannot run our lives, neither can naughty thoughts bully us around and ruin, not only our day, but our LIVES!
Keeping a close eye on what wanders through my brain...dmc

2 comments: