Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, April 11, 2016

In & Out of "The Box"

Some people are outside-the-box thinkers, others are more inclined to be in-the-box people. Today's devo encourages us to "begin the day with open hands of faith...this act of faith frees (God) to work (His) ways into" our lives. (106)
Some days require an outside-the-box perspective.  This means living with a strong faith perspective that can thank God even for "unwanted situations" or to be at peace when we are challenged with a "reality of what is (yet) hoped for." (Heb.11:1)  Outside-the-box thinking frees me to face the future.
While we are challenged to have faith for the future, we must also "live within the boundaries...of only one day at a time. Not worrying about tomorrow or getting stuck in the past." So, we need to "bear the weight of only one day at a time." This requires carefully constructed mental boundaries that come with healthy in-the-box thinking that secures us in the midst of today's challenges.
The constructive balance between these two perspectives can be a challenge. I have discovered that as I recognize how "this is the day the Lord has made" and I choose to "rejoice and be glad in it," helps me establish a more balanced perspective. (Ps.118:24)
I need the roots of trust that anchor me in-the-box. I also need the wings of faith that set me free to gain that incredible outside-the-box advantage. So, in or out of the box, I can wholeheartedly choose a "rejoice and BE glad" perspective.
In His Presence...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment