Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

On Jesus' Prayer List

One verse from our scripture reading for today powerfully spoke to me! Jesus is not only praying for us "but also for those who believe in (Him) through (our) message." (John 17:20)
What an amazing thought...to know that Jesus is praying for each of us AND for those who we have witnessed to, shared our faith with, or have spiritually mentored and are prayerfully concerned for.
Sometimes the burden of someone's spiritual growth can be quite overwhelming and I can feel quite drained "of strength" to monitor their continued spiritual growth.(122)
However, Jesus steps in to protect me and His gospel message with His own intercessory prayer!
So, I pray, "Lord, help me to just remain faithful. May any life I touch, be impacted, not just with MY testimony, but with YOUR discerning prayer for THEM."
Covered in Jesus' Prayers...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Today's devo spoke to me differently: "Your life path has been difficult"…sometimes Jesus is the master of understatement! Devo Scripture Isaiah 40:29-31 but I like vs 28: "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will NOT grow tired or weary AND HIS UNDERSTANDING NO ONE CAN FATHOM (!)" The Message on vs 28: "Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch His breath. And He knows everything, inside and out."To me this ties into Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING…" The Good News Translation puts it this way, " Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know." The Message, " Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Our understanding and God's understanding are SO FAR APART! I'm so glad that "God knows everything, inside and out, so that all I have to do is trust Him from the bottom of my heart and not try to figure out everything on my own!" Great devotion and Scriptures today already! God knows everything, understands everything, and never gets tired! Now that's the kind of strength and power I want to tap into today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I praise Jesus for His never-ending, never-failing attentiveness to us! No wonder He can faithfully, insightfully intercede for us! (Heb. 7:25)

    ReplyDelete