Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Fear's Distorted Perspective

"Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, you need not fear!" Psalm 46:2
Having my heart and mind SO disciplined that earth-shaking events do not cause fear would be so far from my own natural response!!
Several years ago we had one of our little grandsons in the car with us. He was about 2 years old and we were singing all kinds of songs, but making up some very silly ones, that he especially liked. We drove up into a car wash, singing and having a great time. However, just as soon as the first blast of water sprayed the car, he instantly stopped laughing and was struck with fear! He saw soap and water coming from all directions...even the moon roof window over us was under a soap attack! I quickly got out of my seat belt and crawled into the backseat with him as we moved through the soapy, terrifying car wash. My heart nearly broke for him. From his perspective we were NOT OK! We were under attack!
It reminds me of how from my perspective, sometimes, I feel like we are NOT OK! Fear can radically distort my perspective. When I sense the enemy's attack on every side, it's comforting to know that God does not judge or condemn...He just comes along side and holds my right hand (Ps. 73:23-24) saying, "Do not fear, I will help you." Is. 41:13. When He takes my right hand it means He has positioned Himself next to me and is protecting me FROM an attack! (See the blog for April 17.)
When it seems like I'm under attack I want to position myself "under the shadow of the Almighty... my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (Ps. 91)
Overcoming Under the Almighty ...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment