Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Blessed & Balanced Wheel of Life

"I am preparing you for what is on the road ahead... Take time to be still in My Presence so that I can strengthen you. The busier you become, the more you need this time apart with me... depending on My strength and trusting Me in every situation. If you live in this way, you will do less but accomplish far more... reflect(ing) Me to the watching world." (376)
One of the activities I often do, with people whose lives feel out-of-control, is what I call "The Wheel of Life." Each spoke of the wheel represents an area that can enhance one's life. After they have assigned a number from 0 - 10 to each area, I draw in the outside rim of their wheel, as it relates to the assigned numbers. Instantly, the out-of-balance areas are revealed. Their wheel will reflect the areas that need to be modified or enhanced.
A well-balanced life offers a healthy ebb and flow of peace and productivity, quiet and activity, work and play, personal time and professional time, family life and social life, and most of all, time alone with God in His Word and with His people.
Personally, we've always had to carefully carve out quality time to spiritually refresh ourselves, strengthen our marriage/family and nourish our ministry. To do that, we have to cut into time that could be spent doing other very good, even noble things. Sometimes that can be painful... like not participating in something we'd like to do, or are asked to do, or cannot afford to do or simply cannot do because of previous commitments.
But choosing to say a Healthy "No" allows the opportunity to say a Healthy "Yes" to a more balanced, productive, peaceful, rewarding life.
I don't want to just be busy, but I want to be blessed. A balanced life blesses me and allows me to more readily bless others... including those who live under my own roof!
Realigning my Wheel of Life...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I have been out of His word. Not taking time but I knew this book is a great way to start. Not at all discounting God's word. However, immediately I must confess when I read the first sentence "I am preparing you for what is on the road ahead, just around the bend". I thought "Uh oh" what bad thing is coming. I don't want this. As I read and thought I need to hear this because I have been one of those to cry out when things got hot. Praying that I am hearing His voice and not of my own or the enemy. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete