Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Present of His Presence

"Rest in Me, My child, forgetting about the worries of the world. Focus on Me - Emmanuel - and let My living Presence envelop you in Peace...step by step... Hold My hand in deliberate dependence on Me, and I will smooth out the path before you." 365
When I was in the midst of foot surgery recovery I discovered how literally step by step, moment by moment, was the only way I was going to get to the other side. It was a challenge! Afterall, "deliberate dependence" was so contrary to the more independent way I often live my life. The early stages of recovery taught me a lot about "deliberate dependence" especially as my amazing husband stepped up and hit a home run for the home team over and over again. He was ready, willing and wanting me to depend on him for all kinds of things -  drinks, food, meds, ice packs, phone calls, doorbells, adjusting the temperature, running to the store, getting a pillow, propping my foot - and then those delicate bathroom duties - let's just say, they offered many hilarious moments that have become some of our more endearing memories!
As I reflect on that season of surgical recovery, Joe was my earthly illustration of Emmanuel (God with us)"step by step" supporting me. It taught me a lot about "deliberate dependence" and deliberate acceptance of help. During this gift-giving season I thank God for the many gifts of caring family and friends. They are God-given cherished presents to me!
Presents of Presence are so Healing...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment