Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Unique Intimacy

"I am leading you along a way that is uniquely right for you. The closer to Me you grow, the more fully you become your true self - the one I designed you to be... Marvel at the beauty of a life intertwined with My Presence... in intimate communion... losing yourself in Me." (381)
The unique path God has each of us on can be a strange mix of companionship and solitude. I feel so blessed with the fellowship I share with others and yet I am keenly aware of the mysterious solitude I also experience. I've talked with seasoned saints who have also experienced this dual dynamic. It seems to be the profound reality of an intimate, yet involved, relationship with Jesus. He pulls us away to Himself, yet puts us in the midst of others.
The secret, sometimes fragile, balance within myself has been to stay tightly connected to Him, whether I'm in a place of solitude or in the midst of a multitude. I know without a doubt, my goal and inner compass is set, no matter where I am or who I am with I'm...
Staying Close to Him...dmc

It reminds me of the following.
Watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBYbjSg3kA&feature=related

I Just Want To Be Where You Are - by Don Moen
I just want to be where You are,
dwelling daily in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
draw me near to where You are

I just want to be where You are,
in Your dwelling place forever
Take me to the place where You are,
I just want to be with You

Chorus -I want to be where You are,
dwelling in Your presence
Feasting at Your table,
surrounded by Your glory
In Your presence,
that's where I always want to be
I just want to be,
I just want to be with You

I just want to be where You are,
to enter boldly in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
draw me near to where You are

(Coda) Oh, my God,
You are my strength and my song
And when I'm in Your presence
Though I'm weak You're always strong

(Ending) I just want to be
I just want to be with You

4 comments:

  1. It was good to hear that I am not alone,in this time of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! To hear it & KNOW it is profoundly comforting. Blessings as you head into this new year, together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing. Jesus is our secret lover and companion. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing. Jesus is our secret lover and companion. Yes!

    ReplyDelete