Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Captured or Capacitated

"I am your Refuge and Strength, an ever-present Help in trouble. Therefore, you don't need to be afraid of anything... Every day I manifest My grace in countless places and situations... blessings (and) outright miracles on your planet... have eyes that see and ears that hear...My abiding Presence in the world." Psalm 46:1-3 (379)
Fear has a way of capturing our attention and our ambitions. Once sabotaged by fear, we feel trapped, immobilized, maybe even totally defeated and depleted.
However, with God's help we can capture our fear and use it to capacitate, or enable, our attention and ambitions to be even more creative and productive. How is this done?
One day I observed that when I was fearful I was also imagining the worst or most painful outcomes. On the other hand, when imagining the best or most productive outcomes, I was left energized and far more creative. While the solution was fairly simple - start envisioning the best outcomes rather than the worst - remembering to put it into practice is not always so simple.
I need to basically believe more in what God is saying and doing (blessings and miracles) than in what my fear says and does to me. Fear shouts at me from various sources; like the news media, or others' opinions, and even my own self-doubt. However, God generally whispers to me through meditative moments in His Word, encouraging encounters, and in the hidden hopes and dreams deeply tucked in my own heart.
It all comes down to how I am going to use my God-given gift of imagination.... what am I going to envision? Am I going to be captured or am I going to be capacitated? Encumbered or encouraged? Fear-filled or faith-filled?
Incapacitating my fear & Capacitating my faith...dmc

A special "Thank You" to my precious mom, Dorothy Volesky, who brought me into this world... not only giving me life, but leading me into a relationship with Jesus... helping to anchor my earthly & eternal life! I've been abundantly blessed... making this day a very special birthday for me!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Thak you for all the blessings you pour into everyones lives!! You are an amazing woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly a special day not to be fearful! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete