Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Heart of Christmas Worship

"Stay ever so close to Me... This is the most efficient way to stay on track; also the most enjoyable way... (however, beware of) a false sense of security, lulling the soul into a comatose condition... (rather) I search for...an awakened soul that thrills to the Joy of My Presence." (357)
During this Christmas Season we can certainly be lulled into a type of consumer-coma with the media's targeted emphasis on shopping, wrapping, decorating and endless food preparation. When I was in a store the other day, maneuvering crowded isles, my attention was drawn to the Christmas music in the background... "O Come Let Us Adore Him, Christ the Lord." Instantly, my heart was stirred and drawn back to the heart of Christmas and I had a moment of private worship.
Keeping Christ the focal point of CHRISTmas is the "on track" life I want to live! It helps my morale and my spirit to soar above the "on task" demands of consumerism, materialism and the rat-race that often sidetracks Christmas. I want my soul to be awakened to the Joy of Christmas, glorifying and...
Enjoying Christ The Lord ...dmc

2 comments:

  1. As I read this morning's devo, I reflected back on being raised in a legalistic Christian setting, with the rules, workism, and " observance of religion". I had a head knowledge of Christ with a bunch of do's and don'ts, but did not KNOW Him, in my heart. I am very thankful today, that He sought me out, awakened my soul and drew me close to Him, in a very personal, intimate relationship.

    This past year has presented many struggles in my life...without His continual Presence, my spirit and overall being would probably have headed down a road of despair, despondency, and isolation. But with His Presence, I can feel joy in spite of my deepest troubles. True Joy is far deeper than happiness. Happiness is temporary because it is based on external circumstances, but JOY is lasting because it is based on God's Presence within me. With His daily Presence, I find contentment and peace in my life. Thank You God...let's keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me, Carolynn! Thanks for trekking on with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete