Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Beauty Embraces

"Worship Me in the beauty of holiness. I created beauty to declare the existence of My holy Being."(221)
Beauty certainly has a way of catching one's eye! Beauty captures our attention and holds us in a kind of silent embrace. I love the thought of using that moment to acknowledge the great Creator of beauty.
Praising God for the many expressions of His Beauty around me today!
Embracing His Beauty....dmc

4 comments:

  1. I must admit that the times I most see God's presence in nature is when I am in Hawaii. There is something about the magnificence of the ocean that shows God's power, yet is calming; hard to describe. And, the sunrises and sunsets and the beautiful flowers. I teasingly tell people that is what the Garden of Eden was like before sin. But, I need to look for God in nature in OK also! After all, the whole earth is full of God's glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up on a small family farm, I saw beauty all around me every day. Changing seasons with the plants and animals coming to new life in the spring; the wonderful development of fruits, vegetables, hay and grains in the gardens and fields of the summer; the beautiful colors in the woods and the harvest of the fall; followed by winter with long nights for time to observe the beautiful night skies and a type of rest for the land and the farmer. I definitely responded to God’s creation as mentioned in today’s devotional. “This is a gift, and it carries responsibility with it. Declare my glorious Being to the world.” I never thought of it as a gift and/or responsibility before. I even wrote a college freshman (a long time ago) English paper on hymns and God’s beautiful world. Wow! What memories and challenges this concept brings to me! I have a lot to think about on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of creation...if only we would be as faithful to praise Him day and night without fail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I have visited all fifty states and lived in six of them. All of them have some special beauty. I love the beautiful sunsets (and sunrise when I see one!) that are so visible in the wide expanse of the open west.

    ReplyDelete