Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Priority: The Better Thing

"Come away with Me for a while...follow me on a solitary path, making time alone with me your highest priority and deepest Joy." (208)
Time alone with God can seem to be such a challenge to achieve. I discovered it can easily be pushed aside, but at a great cost. I learned through the various seasons of my life, that the issue was not so much 'How Much' time, but that there 'Is' time...that a Priority was made to carve out some time to intentionally focus on Him. When the boys were little and my "solitary" time was extremely limited, or non-existent, just pausing to refocus on Him, on His Word, on the ways He had blessed us was especially beneficial and it helped my weary, starving soul to be revived.
I still have to intentionally guard my time alone with Him. So many worthwhile activities, time sensitive tasks and daily distractions can steal away my precious time with Him.
Like Mary, in Luke 10:42, it's a matter of choice... choosing "the better thing" and spending time at His feet, even if it is briefly with kids in tow, the washing machine whirling, the phone off the hook, the breakfast dishes in the sink...I still do much better...
Choosing the Better Thing...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment